BLEACHERS BREW EST. MAY 2006

Someone asked me how my blog and newspaper column came to be titled "Bleachers Brew". It's like this, it's an amalgam of sorts of two things: The bleachers area in the stadium/arena where I used to sit when I would watch baseball, football, and basketball games and Miles Davis' great jazz album Bitches Brew. That's how it got culled together. I originally planned on calling it "The View from the Big Chair" that is a nod to Tears For Fear's second album, Songs from the Big Chair. So there.

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Azkals Alyansa coach Edwin Cabalida & Real Madrid's Jose Mourinho weigh in on Sendong & Phil Younghusband respectively



Azkals Alyansa Coach Edwin Cabalida on Typhoon Sendong and the upcoming charity match: “I felt bad and was very emotional when I heard the news about the destruction that Typhoon Sendong caused. I was in Dumaguete during at that time our house was nearly flooded. But one of my relatives was not so lucky, If the rains poured for another than 30 minutes maybe our house would have been under water as well.

When I was younger, I was also part of the relief effort when Typhoon Nitang hit Negros. I think that was in 1984. Malaking bagay na nakatulong ako sa relief effort na yun. Meron satisfaction from helping others. But iba yung perspective kapag naging biktima ka rin ng baha.”

Also here's a quote from Real Madrid head coach Jose Mourinho about Azkals striker Phil Younghusband: "Phil Younghusband was a young talented player with great potential who worked hard in search of his dream. I helped make this dream come true by giving him his first team debut with Chelsea. I wish him all the best".


Other reading material on the January 7 match:
http://bleachersbrew.blogspot.com/2012/01/media-advisory-on-dili-kamo-nag-iisa.html


http://bleachersbrew.blogspot.com/2012/01/q-with-lbcs-santi-araneta-on-dili-kamo.html

No comments:

Post a Comment