BLEACHERS BREW EST. MAY 2006

Someone asked me how my blog and newspaper column came to be titled "Bleachers Brew". It's like this, it's an amalgam of sorts of two things: The bleachers area in the stadium/arena where I used to sit when I would watch baseball, football, and basketball games and Miles Davis' great jazz album Bitches Brew. That's how it got culled together. I originally planned on calling it "The View from the Big Chair" that is a nod to Tears For Fear's second album, Songs from the Big Chair. So there.

Friday, July 9, 2010

It's up to them now that it's jump ball time






Second year player Ron Pascual of the NCAA, San Sebastian College recalls vividly last season’s heat check moment as his team won the championship. He shares that “Focus and dedication were two of the main factors that lead their team to victory. I felt rewarded each time our team scored. Game 2 during the championships was the most exciting game last season.”     

Also a second year player, Point Guard Kevin Alas of Letran promises to show leadership on and off court to make this season more exciting. “I will do my best by focusing on defense to challenge our opponents and try make things more exciting this season.”

Jeric Teng of the University of Sto. Tomas (UST) won’t forget the thrilling feeling he had as he makes the first score in of his matches against the University of the Philippines (UP) Fighting Maroons last season. “For me, that was the start of excitement in that game. I am also looking forward to UAAP Season 73. With passion and motivation, I will also help lead my team, especially the freshmen, to win this season”

For rookies of the De La Salle Green Archers Luigi de la Paz and Mike Silungan of The UP Fighting Maroons, both are looking forward to a fun and intense UAAP Season. For first timers in the UAAP, they simply both want to give their best for an intense season. Both also share how they love the adidas TS Heat Check stripes change its color because it’s something fresh, new and unique. Luigi adds, that “it indicates how one is stepping into the zone where all their passion, drive, motivation and energy heats up the game they love to play, making it more exciting.”


No comments:

Post a Comment