BLEACHERS BREW EST. MAY 2006

Someone asked me how my blog and newspaper column came to be titled "Bleachers Brew". It's like this, it's an amalgam of sorts of two things: The bleachers area in the stadium/arena where I used to sit when I would watch baseball, football, and basketball games and Miles Davis' great jazz album Bitches Brew. That's how it got culled together. I originally planned on calling it "The View from the Big Chair" that is a nod to Tears For Fear's second album, Songs from the Big Chair. So there.

Sunday, January 13, 2008

Ateneo baseball update

The Blue Batters lost 8-3 to Adamson in the first game of the baseball season spoiling Randy Dizer's debut. "Medyo kinulang kami," apologized team captain Noj Baltao who is in his final playing year.

But rookie phenom Kirk Long has a great game going 3-4.

Sorry I couldn't get a story going as I was in ADMU to watch the women's volleyball team and the men's football game.

WARNING! Atenean Alex Tolome's car was broken into by thieves. Lost were a pair of laptops (including Carlo Banzon's) and other personal effects. The reason why they brought their stuff was they needed to do school work afterwards. Remember during the past juniors basketball season, thieves also broke into the DLSZ Junior Archers' locker room at the Cuneta Astrodome where almost everything was taken?

Next time, never bring that stuff or car pool if you must. Or you can leave them at the house of my aunt (and my nephew Carlo's lola) who lives nearby. Then carpool from there to Rizal.

No comments:

Post a Comment