BLEACHERS BREW EST. MAY 2006

Someone asked me how my blog and newspaper column came to be titled "Bleachers Brew". It's like this, it's an amalgam of sorts of two things: The bleachers area in the stadium/arena where I used to sit when I would watch baseball, football, and basketball games and Miles Davis' great jazz album Bitches Brew. That's how it got culled together. I originally planned on calling it "The View from the Big Chair" that is a nod to Tears For Fear's second album, Songs from the Big Chair. So there.

Saturday, January 19, 2008

83 ways to successfully waste your time*

I always thought that the partnership between adidas and Stella McCartney in 2004 was brilliant. The three-striped shoe wear and apparel company was enjoying a renaissance and the daughter of the former Beatle was enjoying success with her partnership with Gucci (after critics dissed her as a one shot wonder at Chloe). The partnership really opened the door for more designers to shake up the sports apparel industry and take it into a whole new direction.

Now, Adi Dassler’s company has forged another relationship with Italian giant Diesel. Talk about serious wow here. On February 1, 2008 adidas-Diesel will be releasing its spring-summer denim collection. But it’s kinda pricey, folks. The minimum is 160 euros. Now I’ll spare you the math… that’s roundabout Php 9,500+ minimum. There are other designs that will fetch for even Php 13K! Holy bankrupt my piggy bank, Batman. I’ve only own one pair of Diesel jeans and looks like that will be the last as well. Kinda pricey. But it does look cool.

But what’s that price to the fashionistas and uber rich?



* this is the title of the new campaign

No comments:

Post a Comment