BLEACHERS BREW EST. MAY 2006

Someone asked me how my blog and newspaper column came to be titled "Bleachers Brew". It's like this, it's an amalgam of sorts of two things: The bleachers area in the stadium/arena where I used to sit when I would watch baseball, football, and basketball games and Miles Davis' great jazz album Bitches Brew. That's how it got culled together. I originally planned on calling it "The View from the Big Chair" that is a nod to Tears For Fear's second album, Songs from the Big Chair. So there.

Sunday, August 18, 2013

BREAKING NEWS: RICKY DANDAN is still UP head coach

BREAKING NEWS: (According to my well-placed source) The University of the Philippines' Chancellor will make announcement tomorrow that Ricky Dandan WILL STILL BE THE HEAD COACH of the Fighting Maroons. My UP source quotes the Chancellor as saying that since Dandan did not resign and team management did not clear the movement with the UP Administration, it will be status quo.

This is the second time that team management (the UP Alumni Association) made a coaching change without informing the admin. The first was with Aboy Castro.

What does this mean now? I have no idea how the current dynamic will work between team management, the coaching staff, and the players. This put people on different sides of the fence. Can they mend it? 

Apparently, some things are better left on the discussion table or until after the season.

Now let's see what happens tomorrow. 




No comments:

Post a Comment