BLEACHERS BREW EST. MAY 2006

Someone asked me how my blog and newspaper column came to be titled "Bleachers Brew". It's like this, it's an amalgam of sorts of two things: The bleachers area in the stadium/arena where I used to sit when I would watch baseball, football, and basketball games and Miles Davis' great jazz album Bitches Brew. That's how it got culled together. I originally planned on calling it "The View from the Big Chair" that is a nod to Tears For Fear's second album, Songs from the Big Chair. So there.

Wednesday, June 5, 2013

My Keisuke Honda Japan National Football Team jersey


Finally! I got my Keisuke Honda Japan National Team jersey from adidas. I also wanted to get a Shinji Kagawa but it was just too expensive. I was kind of lucky too as this was the last one at Soccer Shop Kamo in Tokyo. Have always wanted to get a Blue Samurai shirt. It adds to my collection of football shirts of which I have about 100. 


This is the first time that I have bought a kit that came inside a box. I almost didn't want to open the box as a result. As you can see from the photo, adidas came up with a cool and awesome kit.


1 comment:

  1. the kit indeed look awesome! Suddenly want one too for my collection. Hope I will able to find a Shinji Kagawa.

    ReplyDelete