BLEACHERS BREW EST. MAY 2006

Someone asked me how my blog and newspaper column came to be titled "Bleachers Brew". It's like this, it's an amalgam of sorts of two things: The bleachers area in the stadium/arena where I used to sit when I would watch baseball, football, and basketball games and Miles Davis' great jazz album Bitches Brew. That's how it got culled together. I originally planned on calling it "The View from the Big Chair" that is a nod to Tears For Fear's second album, Songs from the Big Chair. So there.

Monday, September 24, 2012

RR Garcia and Alex Nuyles for Gatorade

Here are a couple more videos that I worked on for Gatorade featuring FEU's RR Garcia and Adamson's Alex Nuyles. Scripts were written by me, Stu Balmaceda, and Alexx Esponga with video done by Brosi Gonzales, Karlo Roño, PJ Lim, Ago Coronado, and Arn Reodique. We had help from FEU's Mark Molina and Bert Flores and Adamson's Leo Austria. Hope you like them!

When I thought of the Brand Ambassador program for Gatorade three years ago, I knew who I wanted to get right away. It might sound like a no-brainer but it really isn't an easy process. There aren't much metric systems or data to tell you that this person will resonate well with the public, will not be a headache for their teams or community and so on. Working with them the past three years has been a blast. More so since I am leaving Gatorade in a month's time. My take away from this is it allowed me another platform to work with these athletes. It sure was a blast! For example, RR was such a noisy and funny guy during practice. He does  keep it light. Alex... well, he's quiet but once he's comfortable, he's just as makulit as the next guy. 

In case you missed it, here is the link to the Ray Parks and Nico Salva vids. Next up... UST's Jeric Teng and La Salle's Jeron Teng. 


No comments:

Post a Comment