BLEACHERS BREW EST. MAY 2006

Someone asked me how my blog and newspaper column came to be titled "Bleachers Brew". It's like this, it's an amalgam of sorts of two things: The bleachers area in the stadium/arena where I used to sit when I would watch baseball, football, and basketball games and Miles Davis' great jazz album Bitches Brew. That's how it got culled together. I originally planned on calling it "The View from the Big Chair" that is a nod to Tears For Fear's second album, Songs from the Big Chair. So there.

Thursday, August 23, 2012

Younghusband vs. Younghusband



Younghusband vs. Younghusband
by rick olivares

With a day to go before the Clear Dream Match (8pm Saturday, August 25, 2012) where James and Phil Younghusband will face off for the first time in their professional career, the two footballing brothers hoped to get a few licks in before kick-off.

The two brothers along with their colleagues from the United Football League, the college ranks, and the celebrity world split ranks to form Team James and Team Phil. Each team put in at least two practices for a match that promises to be both competitive and fun.

Here’s what they had to say after Thursday’s practices:

Q: Are you taking this match seriously?
James: Of course!  I want to win!
Phil: Yes, I'm taking this very seriously. I think that is what will add to the excitement of the game for the teams and the supporters. That competitiveness is what will make the game entertaining.

Q: Describe the strengths of your team? Will you try and go for the win?
James: We have a lot of good players. We obviously have the Kaya connection as well as players who play regularly in the UFL. And especially all my players have that winning attitude!
Phil: I think defensively we are very strong and I believe for a team to do well, it is vital you have a good base and defence. We also have a good mix of experience and enthusiasm.

Q: Who do you think will win and what would be the final score?
James: Team James! 5-0!
Phil: We have had a good preparation so far and because of that, I'm quietly confident. I think as long as Team Phil shows a good attitude, we should do well. I'm hoping for a 2-0 win.

No comments:

Post a Comment