BLEACHERS BREW EST. MAY 2006

Someone asked me how my blog and newspaper column came to be titled "Bleachers Brew". It's like this, it's an amalgam of sorts of two things: The bleachers area in the stadium/arena where I used to sit when I would watch baseball, football, and basketball games and Miles Davis' great jazz album Bitches Brew. That's how it got culled together. I originally planned on calling it "The View from the Big Chair" that is a nod to Tears For Fear's second album, Songs from the Big Chair. So there.

Thursday, August 23, 2012

Kaya's Saba Garmaroudi on being the #1 pick of the Clear Dream Match Draft


Kaya goalkeeper Saba Sadeghi Garmaroudi on the distinction of being the first ever player selected in the inaugural Clear Dream Match:
Well, it’s a great feeling to be the first player selected by Phil Younghusband and I think it shows that how important is goalie in football. But I don’t believe that I’m better than other keepers like (Loyola’s) Ref Cuaresma and (Green Archers’) Patrick Deyto. They are great keepers but I’m really happy that Phil trusts me in guarding the goal. And I hope to show my abilities to everyone on Saturday especially to James.

On being a part of a fund-raiser for children:
I’m really excited to play in this game because I’m still young and its really good to play in a big charity game at this age. I hope we have a very good crowd.

On that first Team Phil practice:
We just practiced once with the team and that was good for me because that was the first time to  with Phil and some other players. It’s a new experience for me.

On his side winning:
I’m sure we will win because we’ve got great players on the team. And I’m sure James knows already that we will win the game.

No comments:

Post a Comment