BLEACHERS BREW EST. MAY 2006

Someone asked me how my blog and newspaper column came to be titled "Bleachers Brew". It's like this, it's an amalgam of sorts of two things: The bleachers area in the stadium/arena where I used to sit when I would watch baseball, football, and basketball games and Miles Davis' great jazz album Bitches Brew. That's how it got culled together. I originally planned on calling it "The View from the Big Chair" that is a nod to Tears For Fear's second album, Songs from the Big Chair. So there.

Wednesday, August 15, 2012

My column on NBA jerseys having sponsors' logos

Here's my latest column in ph.nba.com. It's on the new corporate logos that look to adorn NBA jerseys in two seasons' time. 


Imagine Carmelo Anthony taking the floor two seasons from now in New York home whites with “Met Life” or “Duane Reade” logos emblazoned next the “Knicks” lettering in front.

How about Kevin Durant tapping his breast area to a “Target” logo just above the “Oklahoma” every time he drills a three-pointer?

Priceless?

Yes and no. 

READ MORE.


No comments:

Post a Comment