BLEACHERS BREW EST. MAY 2006

Someone asked me how my blog and newspaper column came to be titled "Bleachers Brew". It's like this, it's an amalgam of sorts of two things: The bleachers area in the stadium/arena where I used to sit when I would watch baseball, football, and basketball games and Miles Davis' great jazz album Bitches Brew. That's how it got culled together. I originally planned on calling it "The View from the Big Chair" that is a nod to Tears For Fear's second album, Songs from the Big Chair. So there.

Thursday, May 17, 2012

A book I picked up at Kinokuniya: Barca by Graham Hunter

I've long wanted to purchase this book by the excellent football writer Graham Hunter who I read all the time. I waited for this trip to Singapore to pick it up at my favorite bookstore -- Kinokuniya at Ngee An City along Orchard Road. Hunter is based in Barcelona where he has written about the club for the past 10 years. It's an incredible inside look at the greatest football team in the world.

The book fetches for Singapore $37.60. There's one more copy on the racks at Kinokuniya in case you want to pick it up.

Will go back on game day to spend time at the bookstore. Wasn't able to really look around as I was with others.

No comments:

Post a Comment