BLEACHERS BREW EST. MAY 2006

Someone asked me how my blog and newspaper column came to be titled "Bleachers Brew". It's like this, it's an amalgam of sorts of two things: The bleachers area in the stadium/arena where I used to sit when I would watch baseball, football, and basketball games and Miles Davis' great jazz album Bitches Brew. That's how it got culled together. I originally planned on calling it "The View from the Big Chair" that is a nod to Tears For Fear's second album, Songs from the Big Chair. So there.

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Thierry Henry is proof that you can go home again. Watch his goal vs Leeds.

When I think of Thierry Henry going back to Arsenal on loan from the New York Red Bulls, I think of the late Billy Martin and Bobby Murcer going back to the New York Yankees. Of Scottie Pippen retiring as a Chicago Bull. Ian Rush returning to Liverpool. And how special is it to be able to recapture some of those great moments in that familiar jersey? I was watching Thierry Henry come in as a late sub for Marouane Chamakh and when Alex Song brilliantly set up the Frenchman, I was yelling along with the Emirates crowd. That was a nice touch to an already brilliant career for Henry (save for his Hand of God moment). Here it is and now jump for joy. Who says you cannot go home again?

No comments:

Post a Comment