BLEACHERS BREW EST. MAY 2006

Someone asked me how my blog and newspaper column came to be titled "Bleachers Brew". It's like this, it's an amalgam of sorts of two things: The bleachers area in the stadium/arena where I used to sit when I would watch baseball, football, and basketball games and Miles Davis' great jazz album Bitches Brew. That's how it got culled together. I originally planned on calling it "The View from the Big Chair" that is a nod to Tears For Fear's second album, Songs from the Big Chair. So there.

Thursday, March 3, 2011

Greg Slaughter's playlist

One of the common topics of conversation I have with Greg Slaughter (since we became friends while covering Smart Gilas) is music. We’ve swapped info and tips about new bands and he’s downloaded a bunch of my iTunes. When I mentioned that he was into heavy stuff, I got quite a few inquiries about that. So I asked the Big Fella what was on his rotation nowadays. Here it is:

Slipknot
Type O Negative
Eyes Set to Kill
Killswitch Engage
Disturbed
Linkin Park (the old albums)
Smashing Pumpkins
The Flaming Lips
Death Cab for Cutie
Wiz Khalifa
and a bunch of hip hop stuff








In his current playlist, I turned him to onto DeathCab, ESTK, and Killswitch Engage. Am going to get him into Mastodon soon.

But on my current playlist here's what's blaring through the headphones and speakers: Versus - On the Ones and the Threes; British Sea Power - Zeus EP; Eyes Set to Kill - The World Outside; Unsun - Clinic for Dolls; Arcade Fire - The Suburbs; and Deerhunter - Halcyon Digest.

No comments:

Post a Comment