BLEACHERS BREW EST. MAY 2006

Someone asked me how my blog and newspaper column came to be titled "Bleachers Brew". It's like this, it's an amalgam of sorts of two things: The bleachers area in the stadium/arena where I used to sit when I would watch baseball, football, and basketball games and Miles Davis' great jazz album Bitches Brew. That's how it got culled together. I originally planned on calling it "The View from the Big Chair" that is a nod to Tears For Fear's second album, Songs from the Big Chair. So there.

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

The bird-brained Luis Moreno


I signed this petition. I've been an animal lover for almost as far as I can remember. I've had dogs, cats, hamsters, and of course, fish and birds. Right now, I've got a dalmatian. While walking her around the neighborhood the other week, I passed by the carwash and saw another dalmatian inside a cage. I asked one of the people working there if they ever walked their dog. Never, they said. I felt so bad for the dog that was looking at me with pleading eyes. If I were darn rich, I would have bought the dog from his uncaring owner. 

When I saw Luis Moreno kick the owl, I was shocked. It was such a moronic thing to do. That was totally uncalled for when he could have carried it out to the sideline. The reactions of the other players said it all. I hope they (the football authorities) do something about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment