BLEACHERS BREW EST. MAY 2006

Someone asked me how my blog and newspaper column came to be titled "Bleachers Brew". It's like this, it's an amalgam of sorts of two things: The bleachers area in the stadium/arena where I used to sit when I would watch baseball, football, and basketball games and Miles Davis' great jazz album Bitches Brew. That's how it got culled together. I originally planned on calling it "The View from the Big Chair" that is a nod to Tears For Fear's second album, Songs from the Big Chair. So there.

Thursday, July 1, 2010

Let slip the dogs of war



This is the latest issue of FHM Philippines (with the lovely Sam Pinto on the cover on the left). Wrote a short piece on three players and their respective trainers on getting ready for the season. These are CSB's Carlo Lastimosa and trainer Eric BaƱez, Ateneo's JP Erram and trainer Chester Tiongson, and FEU's RR Garcia and trainer Eski Ripoll. I was supposed to include UP's Mark Juruena and Randy Sacdalan and UE's Paul Lee but the skeds couldn't jive at all.


I previously worked with Eski with LEAD so it was easy to do the FEU part of the story. It was the same with Coach Chester for obvious reasons. As for Coach Eric, no prob too and I did learn new stuff from this guy. Do you know he once worked and trained with the Boston Celtics' staff? Yep.

Anyways, I'm also working on something that should be out either this week or early next week that involves NCAA and UAAP players (save for two schools -- EAC and UE). Will explain later why they weren't involved.

No comments:

Post a Comment