BLEACHERS BREW EST. MAY 2006

Someone asked me how my blog and newspaper column came to be titled "Bleachers Brew". It's like this, it's an amalgam of sorts of two things: The bleachers area in the stadium/arena where I used to sit when I would watch baseball, football, and basketball games and Miles Davis' great jazz album Bitches Brew. That's how it got culled together. I originally planned on calling it "The View from the Big Chair" that is a nod to Tears For Fear's second album, Songs from the Big Chair. So there.

Thursday, July 1, 2010

Blast from the RP Youth Past


RP Youth Team (coached by Ato Badolato)

Front row: Olsen Racela (AdMU), Vergel Meneses (JRC), Joey Guanio (UP), John Edel Cardel (DLSU), Dennis Ramirez (SBC).
Back row: Robert Ruiz (CSJL), Bong Ravena (UE), Jun Limpot (DLSU), EJ Fiehl (not sure if he was with still with UST or if he was with AdU already), Danny Francisco (AdMU), Jojo Lim, Nandy Garcia (AdU), and Vic Pablo (FEU).

2 comments:

  1. This was a strong team. But it could have been more formidable with Johnny Abarrientos instead of Ramirez, chosen because Badolato was coach.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, Ramby. I think the Flying A wasn't in peak form yet. But he did join the RP team that won the gold in the SEA Games. I was one of those holding up and waving the RP flag from the bleachers of the Araneta Coliseum

    ReplyDelete