BLEACHERS BREW EST. MAY 2006

Someone asked me how my blog and newspaper column came to be titled "Bleachers Brew". It's like this, it's an amalgam of sorts of two things: The bleachers area in the stadium/arena where I used to sit when I would watch baseball, football, and basketball games and Miles Davis' great jazz album Bitches Brew. That's how it got culled together. I originally planned on calling it "The View from the Big Chair" that is a nod to Tears For Fear's second album, Songs from the Big Chair. So there.

Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Tuesday

Finishing stuff for the website, last shoot at the UAO, and then bowling. The last few days have been crazy and will continue to be until about mid-next week. I'm also working with Noynoy & Mar's campaign and that is keeping me busy too. Then there's the calendar. Because of Typhoon Ondoy, everyone' sked is out of what and as project head, I'm busy with the coordination of a lot of things. And there's the upcoming talk on climate change. Nah, I'm not complaining. Just wish I had more time to write and follow sports. After the World Series, I had to devote time to my work. Bt Tuesday night's are bowling nights. That's sacred even if I didn't play well last night.
The problem with big hands and big fingers is that they don't fit your average bowling ball. My thumb was hurting last night. But still had a blast. After this we're having a darts and billiards tourney. I'm thinking of playing some tennis but my knee is hurting. Will rest it then I'll be good to go. That's me with our friends from the athletics office and me wearing my Thierry Henry France 2009 kit. Cost 64 Euro (Holy Cow!). In case you don't know, Les Bleus is my fave football team and that's not just because of the blue color. I have Zinedine Zidane's France 2006 and Sidney Govou, . And hopefully, Karim Benzema. 
Pepper steak dinner at Galleria. Yum. Excellent suggestion, Paolo.

No comments:

Post a Comment