BLEACHERS BREW EST. MAY 2006

Someone asked me how my blog and newspaper column came to be titled "Bleachers Brew". It's like this, it's an amalgam of sorts of two things: The bleachers area in the stadium/arena where I used to sit when I would watch baseball, football, and basketball games and Miles Davis' great jazz album Bitches Brew. That's how it got culled together. I originally planned on calling it "The View from the Big Chair" that is a nod to Tears For Fear's second album, Songs from the Big Chair. So there.

Saturday, August 8, 2009

The pipeline -- what I'm finishing up outside my main work

Nice catching up today with Bill Velasco, Anthony Suntay, Mike Ochosa, Patricia Bermudez-Hizon, and my friends from Solar. Hope that was a great interview you can use. Thanks, Nomar!

What’s coming up?

Last year I wrote a three-part National University series: the Underdogs, the Gym Dogs, and the New Trick Dogs. Part Four will come out in the next issue of Rebound It's titled "Renaissance Dogs." I also have a story on FEU that says a lot about their squad that will make you look differently at them. There are short stories on Adamson’s Jan Colina and JRU’s Marvin Hayes and me breaking down Mark Barroca. And there’s my first column Rebound.

For Business Mirror: NBA Asia Challenge 2009, Smart Gilas, and a friend of mine joins his first Iron Man competition ever. And Nonito Donaire. Hey, buddy! See ya soon.

For Ateneo, I have something on the Jesuits that’s gonna make you go whoa! That is something you should read.

And crossing my fingers here if I get it: Rafael Nadal and his comeback. I hope so because it’s a face-to-face interview with the Spanish tennis star. Off hand if it does push through, here’s what we will discuss: his injury and comeback, Roger Federer, tennis in general, and Real Madrid.

No comments:

Post a Comment