BLEACHERS BREW EST. MAY 2006

Someone asked me how my blog and newspaper column came to be titled "Bleachers Brew". It's like this, it's an amalgam of sorts of two things: The bleachers area in the stadium/arena where I used to sit when I would watch baseball, football, and basketball games and Miles Davis' great jazz album Bitches Brew. That's how it got culled together. I originally planned on calling it "The View from the Big Chair" that is a nod to Tears For Fear's second album, Songs from the Big Chair. So there.

Sunday, August 17, 2008

Outside shots

I think Spain has a very good basketball team and they'd be fun to watch against Argentina because they play similar styles. Against the Redeem Team last night, I thought they even got the help of officials. That really sucks. No team should really get any help from the refs. And international officiating is even worse than NABRO. So Ateneo, learn from the US Team. Tambakan ninyo before the refs make it a close game.

And how about the NU Bulldogs. I thought it was a mistake to hand the ball over to Raymond Aguilar in the third quarter. That's when La Salle made their run. And sorry, it shouldn't be Michael Luy handling the ball against a team that can press. He has no confidence whatsoever. And instead of setting up Jessey Garcia the bigs once more opted to take shots from the outside.

The theme song of the UAAP, "Ang Puso" by Sponge Cola was originally commissioned by adidas for the Ateneo Blue Eagles, but somehow instead used for the UAAP broadcast.

No comments:

Post a Comment