BLEACHERS BREW EST. MAY 2006

Someone asked me how my blog and newspaper column came to be titled "Bleachers Brew". It's like this, it's an amalgam of sorts of two things: The bleachers area in the stadium/arena where I used to sit when I would watch baseball, football, and basketball games and Miles Davis' great jazz album Bitches Brew. That's how it got culled together. I originally planned on calling it "The View from the Big Chair" that is a nod to Tears For Fear's second album, Songs from the Big Chair. So there.

Sunday, August 17, 2008

Old School

When the Ateneo left the NCAA, the Seniors team was decimated. Many of the team's stars chose not to play anymore. We even went through a winless season! But in the Juniors Division, we kicked serious UAAP butt. The jacket here is the AHS's 1983-84 team captained by Nolet Puno. That team began a streak of four straight titles that ended after the batch of Danny Francisco and Olsen Racela moved up to the Seniors line-up. That year was also Ateneo's 125th year!

Thanks to Thor Lim for keeping this great keepsake. And to my batchmate Robbie Tanjuatco, a great great shooter. Thanks for reading, buddy.

No comments:

Post a Comment