BLEACHERS BREW EST. MAY 2006

Someone asked me how my blog and newspaper column came to be titled "Bleachers Brew". It's like this, it's an amalgam of sorts of two things: The bleachers area in the stadium/arena where I used to sit when I would watch baseball, football, and basketball games and Miles Davis' great jazz album Bitches Brew. That's how it got culled together. I originally planned on calling it "The View from the Big Chair" that is a nod to Tears For Fear's second album, Songs from the Big Chair. So there.

Friday, February 29, 2008

Take me out to the cathedral one more time

March 31, 2008 will be the last Opening Day in the old Yankee Stadium. I've been to only one Opening Day game and its a different atmosphere. One akin to a school homecoming because people probably haven't seen each other at the games since the last play-offs. Tailgate parties were never my idea of fun because you get baked under the sun. But I did like walking up to the Upper Tier seats because you get a chance to catch a foul ball or even a home run ball.



I took this picture with the Yankees playing the Baltimore Orioles. I normally purchase tickets a few degrees to the left of home plate. It allows me to see the Yankee dugout. I always try to make sure I stay far in the back because I get a chance to see everyone. Sometimes there are jerk fans up in the stands so its best you know where they are. And in case of rain there's some protection. But it does awfully cold up there. My favorite Stadium food? Hotdogs (with Italian stuffings) of course and a soda.

No comments:

Post a Comment