BLEACHERS BREW EST. MAY 2006

Someone asked me how my blog and newspaper column came to be titled "Bleachers Brew". It's like this, it's an amalgam of sorts of two things: The bleachers area in the stadium/arena where I used to sit when I would watch baseball, football, and basketball games and Miles Davis' great jazz album Bitches Brew. That's how it got culled together. I originally planned on calling it "The View from the Big Chair" that is a nod to Tears For Fear's second album, Songs from the Big Chair. So there.

Monday, November 19, 2007

UFC 78: Validation - Sorry, man. It bored the heck out of me.




Disappointing fight by Karo Parisyan. He may have collected a unanimous decision but the fight was darn boring. Not surprised the crowd at the Pru booed him and Ryo Chonan.

Thiago Silva is one mean dude. Houston Alexander had no chance. No chance at all. Thiago was just raining strikes on his chrome dome.

UFC 78 didn't do much for me and I would imagine a lot of other people. It seemed boring, lackluster, and at times uninspired. I thought that the fight had some great cards except that they didn't deliver.

Wanderlei "The Axe Murderer" Silva













Chuck "the Iceman" Liddell

















So here's to seeing Chuck Liddell versus Wanderlei Silva in a Light Heavyweight match next month in UFC 79 Nemesis. The Iceman lost his last two fights and he needs a win badly or else it's all over for him. Except that Wanderlei is no pushover. Silav hasn't competed in a while after his suspension for Pride 34. And now he's back at UFC for one of the most anticipated fights of all time. Both are coming off consecutive losses so someone has to give here.

No comments:

Post a Comment