BLEACHERS BREW EST. MAY 2006

Someone asked me how my blog and newspaper column came to be titled "Bleachers Brew". It's like this, it's an amalgam of sorts of two things: The bleachers area in the stadium/arena where I used to sit when I would watch baseball, football, and basketball games and Miles Davis' great jazz album Bitches Brew. That's how it got culled together. I originally planned on calling it "The View from the Big Chair" that is a nod to Tears For Fear's second album, Songs from the Big Chair. So there.

Monday, December 24, 2018

Check out some of the Christmas wishes of the Bataan Risers!




Check out some of the Christmas wishes of the Bataan Risers!
by rick olivares

The Bataan Risers finished 2018 on a winning note – an 88-74 triumph over the Rizal Crusaders last December 20 at the Blue Eagle Gym in Quezon City to go to 15-2.

We asked a few of the Risers what would be a nice Christmas gift for them – something not necessarily for them but also for loved ones -- and this is what these players had to say…

Gary David: A golden necklace (for the misis).

Vince Tolentino: An iPhone X Max

Robbie Celiz: A Louis Vuitton bag

Pamboy Raymundo: No specific item for me. I just want something na magagamit ko every day for myself.

Toto Villarias: A house and lot (for the entire family).

Mark Pangilinan: Hindi ako masyado mahilig sa material things. Just the necessary ones. But for this Christmas -- a trip to the beach or Baguio with the family okay na sa akin. Something na family-oriented.

Achie Iñigo: Simple lang pero kailangan i-trabaho – a championship for the Bataan Risers.


Mark Pangilinan (in reference to what Achie said): I lab et!


No comments:

Post a Comment