BLEACHERS BREW EST. MAY 2006

Someone asked me how my blog and newspaper column came to be titled "Bleachers Brew". It's like this, it's an amalgam of sorts of two things: The bleachers area in the stadium/arena where I used to sit when I would watch baseball, football, and basketball games and Miles Davis' great jazz album Bitches Brew. That's how it got culled together. I originally planned on calling it "The View from the Big Chair" that is a nod to Tears For Fear's second album, Songs from the Big Chair. So there.

Thursday, July 15, 2010

Thursday Stuff


After the National University Bulldogs beat the De La Salle Green Archers, I wondered if the secret to NU's success is the SM Advantage Card. So everyone who had one in the media room whipped out their cards for a photo op. When NU Coach Eric Gonzales entered for the post-match interviewed, he laughed and asked, "Meron bang pera yan?" 
With NU Coach Eric Gonzales. I first interviewed him when he was Binky Favis' assistant at Coca Cola.  At that time, I was the only one writing about the Tigers; at least feature stories. The coaching staff never forgot that. So when Coach Eric joined NU, it made access to the team easier.
Doing the second episode of Halikinu Radio. Hampered by the sniffles, I hope that nasal twang didn't make it hard for people to understand what I was saying. With Chuck and Evee. Next week Mhel Garrido is joining us as we get ready for our Ateneo-La Salle preview.
The webcast of Halikinu Radio over NU 107 (we're on Thursdays 8-9pm).
With the great Noel Cabangon after our show on NU107. In the show immediately after ours, he pulled out a guitar and played a couple of songs that just rocked the station. Ever since he wrote that ditty about Barangay Ginebra, I've been a fan. I also posted some pics of his performance during the GA at Balay (in my Facebook) during the campaign for Noynoy Aquino and Mar Roxas. Woo hoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment