BLEACHERS BREW EST. MAY 2006

Someone asked me how my blog and newspaper column came to be titled "Bleachers Brew". It's like this, it's an amalgam of sorts of two things: The bleachers area in the stadium/arena where I used to sit when I would watch baseball, football, and basketball games and Miles Davis' great jazz album Bitches Brew. That's how it got culled together. I originally planned on calling it "The View from the Big Chair" that is a nod to Tears For Fear's second album, Songs from the Big Chair. So there.

Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Telepresence interview with the LA Lakers' Derek Fisher



I was one of six selected journalists invited to a telepresence conference with the Los Angeles Lakers' Derek Fisher who was in Shanghai, China. There were seven Asian countries invited -- China, Hong Kong, Taiwan, Singapore, Malaysia, Indonesia, and the Philippines.  We got to ask a few questions and the cool thing about the interview was: one, the telepresence technology was cool because it was like having everyone from all over in one room; two, Derek was a pleasant interview. Very honest and sincere. So that you know, I'd say about 80% of the questions asked by journalists from all over were very interesting. Kudos to the writers from the Bangkok Post. Hoops junkies all.

I'll be writing a short piece about it. Am not sure -- maybe for my column next Monday? The video I am posting features the first two questions we asked. Keep a lookout on the article. 

No comments:

Post a Comment