BLEACHERS BREW EST. MAY 2006

Someone asked me how my blog and newspaper column came to be titled "Bleachers Brew". It's like this, it's an amalgam of sorts of two things: The bleachers area in the stadium/arena where I used to sit when I would watch baseball, football, and basketball games and Miles Davis' great jazz album Bitches Brew. That's how it got culled together. I originally planned on calling it "The View from the Big Chair" that is a nod to Tears For Fear's second album, Songs from the Big Chair. So there.

Friday, June 18, 2010

You think this will happen during an Ateneo-La Salle game?


Fan pushing another fan over the railing for blocking his view during a World Cup match. In other violent World Cup news, a man was beaten to death by his wife and two children when he tried to switch channels to a football match as the latter three were watching a religious show. I've heard of fanaticism and football being a religion but this is extreme.

No comments:

Post a Comment