BLEACHERS BREW EST. MAY 2006

Someone asked me how my blog and newspaper column came to be titled "Bleachers Brew". It's like this, it's an amalgam of sorts of two things: The bleachers area in the stadium/arena where I used to sit when I would watch baseball, football, and basketball games and Miles Davis' great jazz album Bitches Brew. That's how it got culled together. I originally planned on calling it "The View from the Big Chair" that is a nod to Tears For Fear's second album, Songs from the Big Chair. So there.

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Swoop down on the foe

Nice of you to drop in, Birdman. Why don't cha? One of my fave NBA players here slamming the rock home against the Sacto Kings. This was from their game last Sunday. The Birdman makes watching them Denver Nuggets real fun.

There was a recent feature on him in Sports Illustrated -- I think it was the issue with Derek Jeter on the cover. Aside from his fan fave status, what makes him an ideal subject also aside from his aerial antics (re: dunking), is that Andersen turned his life around after getting knocked out by the NBA's one-and-done rule on substance abuse. Hope it's over for this guy because life in the fastlane sure has its pitfalls and temptations.

In case you haven't noticed, from time to time, I post pics from our news wires that are only available in newspapers. I downsize them for posting because the high-res shots are way too big. Enjoy them.

No comments:

Post a Comment