BLEACHERS BREW EST. MAY 2006

Someone asked me how my blog and newspaper column came to be titled "Bleachers Brew". It's like this, it's an amalgam of sorts of two things: The bleachers area in the stadium/arena where I used to sit when I would watch baseball, football, and basketball games and Miles Davis' great jazz album Bitches Brew. That's how it got culled together. I originally planned on calling it "The View from the Big Chair" that is a nod to Tears For Fear's second album, Songs from the Big Chair. So there.

Monday, January 18, 2010

More on the Star Wars adidas Originals




















Whenever you purchase any adidas Star Wars originals (apparel or shoes), they give you these free stickers (see the pic above right). Check out the soles on my new kicks. Kinda cool for the Star Wars fan, eh? But it's going to be tough to wear them. Gotta be real picky or else... Bwahahaha. What a problem! So when did shoes become collectibles?

The first Star Wars merchandise I ever got was a light saber toy that seems so archaic to the version that is out in the market today. It was like a glorified flash light but man, I loved it. I had to ditch my crappy Howdy Doody lunchbox in favor of a Millennium Falcon one. Thought I had bragging rights in class except that there were like a dozen of us with the same lunchbox in class! Bwahaha! Used to have lots of these Topps Bubblegum Cards. I never did get the comics because I wasn't crazy about the art. But I did get the novels by Timothy Zahn and Dave Wolverton among others. Oh, to be a Star Wars fan...

2 comments:

  1. Hey! I wondered, is there any way I could buy the sticker sheet from you? Or do you know where I could buy them?
    Thx!
    P.S.: Is it the entire sheet that is given with the product??

    ReplyDelete
  2. The stickers came with each shoe or shirt that I purchased. I know it's no longer available though. Sorry, I'm not selling mine. Try online. There might be some sellers. Good luck with that!

    ReplyDelete