BLEACHERS BREW EST. MAY 2006

Someone asked me how my blog and newspaper column came to be titled "Bleachers Brew". It's like this, it's an amalgam of sorts of two things: The bleachers area in the stadium/arena where I used to sit when I would watch baseball, football, and basketball games and Miles Davis' great jazz album Bitches Brew. That's how it got culled together. I originally planned on calling it "The View from the Big Chair" that is a nod to Tears For Fear's second album, Songs from the Big Chair. So there.

Thursday, January 21, 2010

I Eat Man United Birds


I swear. That's what I thought Carlos Tevez was saying and gesturing towards his former team as he scored a pair of goals in Manchester City's FA Cup win over their city rivals Manchester United. I know that Sir Alex Ferguson dislikes these competitions and only save his strong sides for the Premiership and the UCL. But this is a derby and you know what that means.

Unfortunately, Gary Neville flipped Tevez the bird and was caught for that. Not sure what kind of sanction will be forthcoming since this is like a second infraction this season. Got the photos from The Sun.

Let me backtrack, all this animosity began when ManU did not want to commit to re-signing Tevez who they felt was not worth the price asked for. Neville backed up his gaffer and Tevez took affront to that. And since then there's been a war of words between the two camps. I'm no United fan but City, in spite of this win, still has to bring it. The gap between the two clubs is still an ocean. You have to hand it to Roberto Mancini though. He has his club close to their first bit of silverware in quite a long time.

No comments:

Post a Comment