BLEACHERS BREW EST. MAY 2006

Someone asked me how my blog and newspaper column came to be titled "Bleachers Brew". It's like this, it's an amalgam of sorts of two things: The bleachers area in the stadium/arena where I used to sit when I would watch baseball, football, and basketball games and Miles Davis' great jazz album Bitches Brew. That's how it got culled together. I originally planned on calling it "The View from the Big Chair" that is a nod to Tears For Fear's second album, Songs from the Big Chair. So there.

Monday, May 11, 2009

Walking on the Moon


No Deke Mutombo. No Yao Ming. No sweep in Houston by the Los Angeles Lakers.

Aaron Brooks has been incredible this year. The Rockets traded away Rafer Alston to give him more minutes and this team has just played well all-year long. They may not win this series (I think that their Game 4 win was their last gasp) but they sure showed they are something.

Now all they have to do is remain healthy.

Oh, didn't they have a player before.... one McGrady? Dagnabbit... where he at now?

No comments:

Post a Comment