BLEACHERS BREW EST. MAY 2006

Someone asked me how my blog and newspaper column came to be titled "Bleachers Brew". It's like this, it's an amalgam of sorts of two things: The bleachers area in the stadium/arena where I used to sit when I would watch baseball, football, and basketball games and Miles Davis' great jazz album Bitches Brew. That's how it got culled together. I originally planned on calling it "The View from the Big Chair" that is a nod to Tears For Fear's second album, Songs from the Big Chair. So there.

Sunday, May 17, 2020

My NINE favorite kicks!



Lemme start something different. Show your NINE favorite kicks. Kicks that you bought and wore and aren't on some wish list. Stuff you actually had.
These are my NINE absolute favorites that I had.
Asics Gel Lyte III that I bought in Kuwait with Azkals player Yannick Tuason, the walang kamatayang Adidas Pro Model, Uptempo Pippen that I bought at Footlocker, Nike Air Presto black and white, Kobe Bryant Huarache at a Nike Store in TST, Kowloon, Air Jordan I blue that we got in Hong Kong, Reebok Ex-O-Fit that I also got in Hong Kong, K-Swiss Classic, Air Jordan XI that I bought here in Manila 
The Pippen Uptempo is a super fave of mine and I must have bought it three times through the years. K-Swiss, of course. I must have owned four pairs. I remember when Kevin Anderson was wearing KSwiss kicks in the film Sleeping With the Enemy (starring Julia Roberts) that was so awesome. The original blue and black Huarache was a favorite but the Kobe version was awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment