BLEACHERS BREW EST. MAY 2006

Someone asked me how my blog and newspaper column came to be titled "Bleachers Brew". It's like this, it's an amalgam of sorts of two things: The bleachers area in the stadium/arena where I used to sit when I would watch baseball, football, and basketball games and Miles Davis' great jazz album Bitches Brew. That's how it got culled together. I originally planned on calling it "The View from the Big Chair" that is a nod to Tears For Fear's second album, Songs from the Big Chair. So there.

Tuesday, December 5, 2017

Meet Leyte National High School’s Patricia Joy Amidao



Meet Leyte National High School’s Patricia Joy Amidao

My name is Patricia Joy Amidao and I am from Tacloban City. I’m the youngest (15 years old) in the family with an older brother.

I got into volleyball and sports which is better than getting involved in bad habits. I’d rather be busy in sports and be a part of a family that shows their true love for volleyball.

Yung experience ko sa Rebisco Volleyball League ay masaya. Pero kinabahan ako. Happy because I got to meet new people and see new places but also because I was given a chance to play in the RVL with my second family -- my team!

I was really happy because all the training we did kind of paid off. Thinking about last year's Shakey's Girls Volleyball League made me realize that I need more improvement and to be more mature if I want to go higher. "Play hard until you become your rivals."

I want to succeed more with my team. To help Ate Alona Caguicla (our team captain and setter) with our team so we can be unstoppable one day.


My volleyball idol? Ate Jaja Santiago!









1 comment: