BLEACHERS BREW EST. MAY 2006

Someone asked me how my blog and newspaper column came to be titled "Bleachers Brew". It's like this, it's an amalgam of sorts of two things: The bleachers area in the stadium/arena where I used to sit when I would watch baseball, football, and basketball games and Miles Davis' great jazz album Bitches Brew. That's how it got culled together. I originally planned on calling it "The View from the Big Chair" that is a nod to Tears For Fear's second album, Songs from the Big Chair. So there.

Monday, November 28, 2016

Got my copy on this book about Philippine football (wrote two chapters)


Philippine Football: Its Past, Its Future is going to be launched soon. I write two chapters for this book -- one about the glory days of Paulino Alcantara and company and the rebirth that began with the 2010 Suzuki Cup. 

Am a happy happy man.

1 comment:

  1. Any info on the exact date it will hit the shelves? Been trying to get info on this book ever since it was mentioned in a Rappler report on December 20, 2015 until your report on PhilStar came out.

    Since then, I've been regularly asking NBS and Powerbooks but they don't have it in their system and have no clue when they'll have it.

    Just to add, this isn't the "first ever book on Philippine football" as per your report. The first ever book on Philippine football came out in 1979. It was some Jubilee Yearbook.

    ReplyDelete