BLEACHERS BREW EST. MAY 2006

Someone asked me how my blog and newspaper column came to be titled "Bleachers Brew". It's like this, it's an amalgam of sorts of two things: The bleachers area in the stadium/arena where I used to sit when I would watch baseball, football, and basketball games and Miles Davis' great jazz album Bitches Brew. That's how it got culled together. I originally planned on calling it "The View from the Big Chair" that is a nod to Tears For Fear's second album, Songs from the Big Chair. So there.

Friday, September 30, 2016

We're launching the PALO Volleyball League




In 2011, I launched the Ateneo Football League with my good friend, Rely San Agustin. I decided to do something different two years ago and left the AFL. Have had some plans about volleyball for a while now. This is one of them.
Patterned after the AFL, the PALO Volleyball League is a JUST FOR FUN league that will tip off this October at the Filoil Flying V Centre in San Juan. We have the women's, mens, and mixed divisions! 

I will explain what PALO stands for but you will have to ask me in person.

EXCITED FOR THIS!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment