BLEACHERS BREW EST. MAY 2006

Someone asked me how my blog and newspaper column came to be titled "Bleachers Brew". It's like this, it's an amalgam of sorts of two things: The bleachers area in the stadium/arena where I used to sit when I would watch baseball, football, and basketball games and Miles Davis' great jazz album Bitches Brew. That's how it got culled together. I originally planned on calling it "The View from the Big Chair" that is a nod to Tears For Fear's second album, Songs from the Big Chair. So there.

Saturday, April 2, 2016

The Saucony X West NYC Saltwater kicks are now here in Manila!




When I was invited to attend the launch of the Saucony X West NYC shoe at SneakPeek (at the Edsa Shangri La East Wing) this Saturday afternoon, I knew I was not going to turn it down.

I wore this shoe during my grade school days for my Physical Education classes and while training with the Ateneo track and field team. It was my first running shoe ever!

I sort of lost track of the shoe over the years as I opted for more flashier kicks until I settled down for more simpler footwear. 

Chatting with Anton Lasquety, Brand Manager of Saucony, during the launch, imagine my surprise when he told me that Saucony was now more than a running shoe but it was also considered a leisure shoe. As sneakerheads call them, “athleisure.”

And the new Saucony shoe is a collaboration with that famed New York shoe boutique NYC West for what is called the Saucony X West NYC Shadow 90 “Saltwater” that pays homage to saltwater fishing! This shoe is painted in a bold purple and pink colorway with the outsole, lining, and side panels greatly inspired by the brightly colored hues of the morning activity that is fishing.



There’s another version that hasn’t been released locally and that’s the “Freshwater” version with earthen colors. I kinda prefer this version. 

The Saucony "Freshwater" shoe with its earthen color. I like! Lots!

I think this is a really nice shoe that is also built for maximum comfort while engaging in these water-related activities. In fact, I've always love these type of shoes. Like top-siders that are considered "boat shoes." I love them and wear them to this day!

The Saucony X West NYC Shadow 90 retails for PhP 6,995 and can be purchased at SneakPeek stores at the Shangri La Plaza East Wing, Bluebay Walk, Eastwood Citywalk, Ayala Center Cebu, Ronac Art Center, Marquee Mall, and Solenad 3 in Nuvali.

At the Saucony launch at SneakPeek with old friends Yael Yuzon and Martin David.



Hosted by: MC RONTHUG
Music by: DJ Marc Marasigan

Powered by: Jose Cuervo and Pioneer DJ

No comments:

Post a Comment