BLEACHERS BREW EST. MAY 2006

Someone asked me how my blog and newspaper column came to be titled "Bleachers Brew". It's like this, it's an amalgam of sorts of two things: The bleachers area in the stadium/arena where I used to sit when I would watch baseball, football, and basketball games and Miles Davis' great jazz album Bitches Brew. That's how it got culled together. I originally planned on calling it "The View from the Big Chair" that is a nod to Tears For Fear's second album, Songs from the Big Chair. So there.

Wednesday, March 30, 2016

Chatting with new Ateneo Blue Eagle Raffy Verano about off-court stuff.



Rick: Do you like music? If so, what recording artists, bands do you like? What's on heavy rotation on your music player?

Raffy: I love music! I would have to say my favorite artist right now would be Kendrick Lamar. I have a little bit of everything on my playlist: hip-hop, rap, R&B, and a lot of beat based songs. 

Rick: Your fave kicks? And why? Are they Air Jordans? If so, what is your fave and why?

Raffy: Yes, my favorite kicks have to be the Air Jordan 1's. My favorite pair of 1's are the royal and bred 1's, to me they have the cleanest and simple look to them and the color ways to it just pair well with a lot of clothes. 

Rick: Are you looking forward to Batman vs Superman: Dawn of Justice or Captain America: Civil War? Do you binge watch anything on Netflix? What would that be and why? Last film you saw in the theater and did you enjoy it?

Raffy: I am really looking forward to watching both Batman vs Superman and Captain America: Civil War both seem like great movies. I don't binge much on Netflix. I feel like if I start to binge I'll binge for awhile and not get anything done. The last film I saw in the theater was Deadpool and I really enjoyed that movie. It was packed with comedy and action. 

Rick: M&Ms or snickers? Or none of them? What is your fave snack?

Raffy: My favorite snack has to be oreos. Oreos are the best with milk but yet can also be too dangerous. 

Rick: Aside from clothes/shoes, what will you be packing with you when you come over?

Raffy: I’ll be packing pictures of both my family and friends and the little things that'll remind me of home. 


------------

Additional reading: Q&A with Raffy Singson-Verano


No comments:

Post a Comment