BLEACHERS BREW EST. MAY 2006

Someone asked me how my blog and newspaper column came to be titled "Bleachers Brew". It's like this, it's an amalgam of sorts of two things: The bleachers area in the stadium/arena where I used to sit when I would watch baseball, football, and basketball games and Miles Davis' great jazz album Bitches Brew. That's how it got culled together. I originally planned on calling it "The View from the Big Chair" that is a nod to Tears For Fear's second album, Songs from the Big Chair. So there.

Friday, January 1, 2016

Who's goal was more difficult -- Bobby Zamora's or Xherdan Shaqiri's?

Both similar goals -- Bobby Zamora's chip goal versus West Bromwhich Albion for a 3-nil Queens Park Rangers lead and Xherdan Shaqiri's exquisite boot against Everton -- but which one was more difficult if not impressive?




Zamora was close to the edge of the box while Shaqiri was closer to the middle. While Zamora is left-footed, he managed to get the shot off against defender Joleon Lescott from the right wing. Shaqiri is left-footed as well but I think was in a better position for that goal. 

Regardless, both were spectacular. 

No comments:

Post a Comment