BLEACHERS BREW EST. MAY 2006

Someone asked me how my blog and newspaper column came to be titled "Bleachers Brew". It's like this, it's an amalgam of sorts of two things: The bleachers area in the stadium/arena where I used to sit when I would watch baseball, football, and basketball games and Miles Davis' great jazz album Bitches Brew. That's how it got culled together. I originally planned on calling it "The View from the Big Chair" that is a nod to Tears For Fear's second album, Songs from the Big Chair. So there.

Sunday, January 10, 2016

Football jerseys in my collection #2 My own jerseys


Here are four jerseys with my name on them.

Left: Homeless World Cup Team 2012. They kit they wore to Paris that year. Handled the team's publicity for one season plus, I brought in Gatorade as team sponsor. Was supposed to join the team in France but some idiot didn't fix my papers.

Second from left: GroupM/Mindshare fielded a team in the Adobo Cup of three years ago. I played keeper for the team. I like our shirt! The best of the two that I got a year later (third from left). Yes, it's the blue and white stripes.

Rightmost jersey: The first ever jersey from the first ever Clear Dream Match that I conceptualized. Was "drafted" into Team Phil Younghusband so I got my own shirt.


Below: This is our Gatorade jersey from a football event we organized from two years back. Complete with my name getting the Portuguese treatment.  



No comments:

Post a Comment