BLEACHERS BREW EST. MAY 2006

Someone asked me how my blog and newspaper column came to be titled "Bleachers Brew". It's like this, it's an amalgam of sorts of two things: The bleachers area in the stadium/arena where I used to sit when I would watch baseball, football, and basketball games and Miles Davis' great jazz album Bitches Brew. That's how it got culled together. I originally planned on calling it "The View from the Big Chair" that is a nod to Tears For Fear's second album, Songs from the Big Chair. So there.

Saturday, December 5, 2015

On rumours about Norman Black's return to Ateneo

Someone asked me about Norman Black’s availability to return so I went straight to the former Blue Eagle to ask about the rumours of his return.

Coach Norman's reply: "Hi, Rick and sorry for the late reply. To be honest, I love Ateneo and all the experiences that I had there (good and bad) but my concern right now is trying to help my Meralco team make the playoffs in the PBA. I just don’t think it is fair to my players to think about anything else at this time since we are in the middle of a conference."

I also spoke to someone close to the Meralco bosses and at this point, word is they are not inclined to let Black go. Furthermore, he has a contract with the ballclub that he intends to see out.

So maybe people should be a little more realistic in their choices or suggestions. That leaves out people like Olsen Racela, Alex Compton, or even Boyet Fernandez out of the picture. Especially Racela after the ugly spat between his brother, Nash and an Ateneo official several years ago.



3 comments:

  1. I think that any of the Asst. coaches of Coach Bo are competent to assume HC duties most specially Ronnie Magsanoc who has already been actively orchestrating ABE's offensive sets during the recently concluded S78 . Most importantly ,Coach Ronnie is a proven winner as a coach and player...




























    ReplyDelete
  2. Ronnie Magsanoc is a good person, but no!

    We need toughness, a team that will grind it out. Look at the incoming coaches: Ayo, Pumaren: UE and ADU, Nash Racela and FEU will have experience. Altamirano will be the only good person left LOL. Everybody else will be bad, really bad....

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope the "news" is nor just a rumor. I'm still waiting for your write-up or confirmation on it. OBW...One Bold Win! lol

    ReplyDelete