BLEACHERS BREW EST. MAY 2006

Someone asked me how my blog and newspaper column came to be titled "Bleachers Brew". It's like this, it's an amalgam of sorts of two things: The bleachers area in the stadium/arena where I used to sit when I would watch baseball, football, and basketball games and Miles Davis' great jazz album Bitches Brew. That's how it got culled together. I originally planned on calling it "The View from the Big Chair" that is a nod to Tears For Fear's second album, Songs from the Big Chair. So there.

Wednesday, February 18, 2015

The Native Apollo Moc has landed!


No, this isn't some late post about 1980's MTV. These astronauts were part of the show as the Native Apollo shoe was launched last night at Sneak Peak (located at the East Wing) at Shangri-La Mall. I was excited about this launch as I heard a lot about these shoes from Canada that are high on innovation and yet stylish. My two favorite pairs of kicks in terms of comfort are the Nike Huarache and the adidas Climacool. Throw in the comfort and design of those two with a the concept of a moccasin and you have a cool shoe! You just can't play any sports in them because they are casual shoes.





That sure isn't Neil Armstrong but I'm fine with this dude. Unfortunately, the Native Apollo Moc doesn't come with any spacesuit.

This is the Native Apollo Moc design that I got. Black! Love the black. Now hope to get the blue colored one below!




The Native Apollo Moc is as light as 23 1/2 marshmallows! Can you imagine that. Holding it up is like holding some foam. Yep, it's that light. The perforations in the design allows for airflow in and out so you don't feel like taking it off to give your sore feet rest or a chance to breathe from the tight/snugness of the shoe. 

I love the anti-gravity feature where grounding rubber is inserted to provide traction. Now since all the Native shoes make use of fiber, there is no animal hide or whatsoever used in the production. Beast-free indeed! That's a plus for someone like me who gives a fudge about the environment, animals, and nature.

I will  never classify myself as a sneakerhead unlike my good friend Martin David (who works with Solar Sports and is the dude behind that darn good blog Sole Movement) as I infrequently buy sneakers. In fact, have been using my two pairs of adidas Climacools for three years running. 


Today, Wednesday, I wore my Native Apollo Mocs and I loved it. Like any new shoe, I was carefully with how I stepped and walked. Don't want to get any scratches on the sole as if it's possible. But I loved and enjoyed it. Really comfortable for my feet.

How do I sum it up?

The Natives are one big step for shoes, man, and mankind.


With Martin David and JC Ansis! Below with Jinno Rufino and Toti Wong. 



Where can you buy the Native Apollo Moc?

Native Kiosk 2nd Level Trinoma
Native Kiosk 2nd Level Robinson's Manila
Native SM City Fairview
Native Glorietta
Res/Toe/Run
R.O.X.
Bratpack
The Travel Club
Rustan's
Duty Free Philippines
SM Department Stores
Sneak Peek Shangri-La
Native SM Batangas
Native SM City Batangas

No comments:

Post a Comment