BLEACHERS BREW EST. MAY 2006

Someone asked me how my blog and newspaper column came to be titled "Bleachers Brew". It's like this, it's an amalgam of sorts of two things: The bleachers area in the stadium/arena where I used to sit when I would watch baseball, football, and basketball games and Miles Davis' great jazz album Bitches Brew. That's how it got culled together. I originally planned on calling it "The View from the Big Chair" that is a nod to Tears For Fear's second album, Songs from the Big Chair. So there.

Monday, June 30, 2014

Got a new article for the July issue of Men's Health Philippines!


Haven't written for Men's Health in years! There was a time when I was a semi-regular contributor to the magazine. For the July 2014 issue, I wrote about why a man should choose a sports team and root and cheer for them til death do them part. Sure was a blast. For my next assignment for them, it's all about food. It's a welcome change of pace.

Before Philippines Free Press closed down, I wrote regularly about climate change, alternative bands, and politicians. For their sports feature, I regularly wrote about Manny Pacquiao. For philstar.com, I get to write pretty much anything I want to. So I am not limited to sports, I do a lot of comic book features and the odd movie review and lifestyle piece. 

Do I keep copies of what I write? Sure I do. Everything. Maybe one day I will compile my favorites into a book.


No comments:

Post a Comment