BLEACHERS BREW EST. MAY 2006

Someone asked me how my blog and newspaper column came to be titled "Bleachers Brew". It's like this, it's an amalgam of sorts of two things: The bleachers area in the stadium/arena where I used to sit when I would watch baseball, football, and basketball games and Miles Davis' great jazz album Bitches Brew. That's how it got culled together. I originally planned on calling it "The View from the Big Chair" that is a nod to Tears For Fear's second album, Songs from the Big Chair. So there.

Sunday, June 8, 2014

A short talk of Reds and Red Devils


During the press conference for the Clear Dream Match III, Andy Cole spoke about how he enjoying giving Liverpool a spanking during his career. I blurted out (nicely) on the microphone my best Homer Simpson impression, "D'oh!"

What follows is an actual and light conversation with the MUFC legend.

Andy Cole: So I take it you're a Liverpool fan.

Rick: That's right.

Andy: So.

Rick: So.

Andy: Tough season for Liverpool.

Rick: Tough too for United.

Andy: Touche.

Rick: So.

Andy: So.

Rick: United are our guests and we Filipinos are known for our hospitality. And it's just proper respecting what you've done for the game.

Andy: That's more I like it. Keep it going now.

Rick: I think Liverpool will continue to kick United's ass in the next season and beyond. The world has turned once more.

Andy: (rolls his eyes). Let's get that picture now.

Hahaha


No comments:

Post a Comment