BLEACHERS BREW EST. MAY 2006

Someone asked me how my blog and newspaper column came to be titled "Bleachers Brew". It's like this, it's an amalgam of sorts of two things: The bleachers area in the stadium/arena where I used to sit when I would watch baseball, football, and basketball games and Miles Davis' great jazz album Bitches Brew. That's how it got culled together. I originally planned on calling it "The View from the Big Chair" that is a nod to Tears For Fear's second album, Songs from the Big Chair. So there.

Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Quick interview with the newest Loyola footballer: Joaco Cañas


Rick: Did you and Rufo decide to play for one team or on opposite teams?

Joaco: He (Rufo) decided a long time ago to play for Global this coming season. As for me, I tried to get the best situation for myself. And definitely, the most attractive team for me is Loyola, so it will be an honor to play with them.

Rick: Do you look forward to playing against Rufo and testing your defensive prowess against his offensive skills?

Joaco: I'm looking forward to win more championships and give my best to Loyola. Against Global, it will be a really nice game. I'm sure that we need to beat them and of course every one else to become champions.

Rick: You’ve begun to practice with Loyola. You will be partnered with Yves Ashime who is one of the best defenders in the UFL. What do you think of that and playing alongside the Younghusband brothers?

Joaco: I'm really happy and proud for joining Loyola. It's a big and professional club with big goals and that fits on me. I have new and really good players for teammates, and training with Yves and the rest of them will make me better.

As for the brothers… of course I am. They are really good football players and I will do my best to help them and the rest of team for becoming champions.

No comments:

Post a Comment