BLEACHERS BREW EST. MAY 2006

Someone asked me how my blog and newspaper column came to be titled "Bleachers Brew". It's like this, it's an amalgam of sorts of two things: The bleachers area in the stadium/arena where I used to sit when I would watch baseball, football, and basketball games and Miles Davis' great jazz album Bitches Brew. That's how it got culled together. I originally planned on calling it "The View from the Big Chair" that is a nod to Tears For Fear's second album, Songs from the Big Chair. So there.

Monday, August 12, 2013

Newspaper images from Chinese Taipei's historic win over China


These are the cover pages of Taiwanese newspapers following their win over China in the quarterfinals. You'll have to pardon that "bear". The woman journalist placed it there on her cellphone. Thanks for lending this image to me.

With some of the Taiwanese journos who covered the event. One of them even wore the LABAN PILIPINAS shirt! Coolness.

With Dennis Tsai. Am wearing a Real Madrid jersey to commemorate the fact that the Philippines is going to Spain!


Check out my stuff on the other teams that competed in the FIBA Asia tourney!




Meet Japanese superfan Eiji Tomita

No comments:

Post a Comment