BLEACHERS BREW EST. MAY 2006

Someone asked me how my blog and newspaper column came to be titled "Bleachers Brew". It's like this, it's an amalgam of sorts of two things: The bleachers area in the stadium/arena where I used to sit when I would watch baseball, football, and basketball games and Miles Davis' great jazz album Bitches Brew. That's how it got culled together. I originally planned on calling it "The View from the Big Chair" that is a nod to Tears For Fear's second album, Songs from the Big Chair. So there.

Monday, August 12, 2013

Former San Beda Red Lion & Sinag player Jake Pascual talks about Gilas Pilipinas, FIBA Asia & playing for the country

2 comments:

  1. Hi Rik,
    Been following your blog since the formation of Gilas 1 then I kinda just checked your site once in a while when you decided to focus on Ateneo and Football (I know, I'm a typical pathetic Pinoy sports fan who only loves basketball however I only love our NTs , never the PBA, UAAP and NCAA for patriotic reasons.) which I think is a good thing because some of the sports you are featuring need all the exposure they can get, what with the fascination of the masses with basketball.
    Lately I' ve been checking you out regularly because obviously you've been featuring more Gilas news lately. Thanks for that.
    Anyway, I just would like to give you an advice on your video blogs. Your videos have wonderful substance, very insightful questions and compelling topics.
    I understand that in this day of DIY media, what I'm about to say can be ignored but anyways I'm here now so here it goes...

    Can you please invest in a dedicated microphone for your interviews? The audio sounds so muddled and I always struggle a lot to comprehend the answers of your subjects, at times I really lose it. Nanghihinayang talaga ako sir. Condenser mikes from CHina are very cheap and they are decent enough for you to get good and clear audio. Now if you want something that is portable then you can have the very small ones from China that can fit in your pocket. They are also dirt cheap but they do the job.

    Thanks for a great blog. I really really appreciate the depth of your articles and your convictions. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for this and for pointing out the sound quality. Will do my best to address them. Mabuhay ka at salamat sa pagbasa ng mga trabaho ko! Cheers!

      Delete