BLEACHERS BREW EST. MAY 2006

Someone asked me how my blog and newspaper column came to be titled "Bleachers Brew". It's like this, it's an amalgam of sorts of two things: The bleachers area in the stadium/arena where I used to sit when I would watch baseball, football, and basketball games and Miles Davis' great jazz album Bitches Brew. That's how it got culled together. I originally planned on calling it "The View from the Big Chair" that is a nod to Tears For Fear's second album, Songs from the Big Chair. So there.

Saturday, July 20, 2013

Clarifying matters about Michael Jordan coming over.

In my capacity as Public Relations Manager for Gatorade, I just want to clarify everything that you have been reading in the media about the great Michael Jordan coming over to Manila. Just to set the record straight... we are trying. "Trying" being the operative word. The Philippine Daily Inquirer's Jasmine Payo interviewed me about that yesterday (and that appears in their Saturday, July 20 edition). We've always had MJ on our radar (at least since we put up our Brand Ambassador program four years ago). He isn't the only one. We won't deny it -- Dwyane Wade, Dwight Howard, Usain Bolt, and a few others. But they are in the planning stages. Nothing is definite as of now. It depends on a great many things from schedules and commitments etc. Again, we are trying. When that is for real, you will hear it from me right here on Bleachers Brew. 

No comments:

Post a Comment