BLEACHERS BREW EST. MAY 2006

Someone asked me how my blog and newspaper column came to be titled "Bleachers Brew". It's like this, it's an amalgam of sorts of two things: The bleachers area in the stadium/arena where I used to sit when I would watch baseball, football, and basketball games and Miles Davis' great jazz album Bitches Brew. That's how it got culled together. I originally planned on calling it "The View from the Big Chair" that is a nod to Tears For Fear's second album, Songs from the Big Chair. So there.

Wednesday, May 22, 2013

The new Roger Federer Wilson television commercial


Here's the new Wilson television commercial that will be shown during the French Open. In this commercial, my nephew, Bryce Pereira (the one in a baseball cap), is one of the three junior tennis players who play a pick up game with the great Roger Federer.  

The tall kid is Bogdan Borza from Romania (and he was flown all the way to California for the shoot). The pretty young girl is Raquel Pedraza from Southern California. The little Indian kid is Ronnie Banerjee who hails from New Jersey.

Hope to see Bryce get a chance to compete for the US National Team soon!

------------

Here's another entry I posted on Bryce!

No comments:

Post a Comment