BLEACHERS BREW EST. MAY 2006

Someone asked me how my blog and newspaper column came to be titled "Bleachers Brew". It's like this, it's an amalgam of sorts of two things: The bleachers area in the stadium/arena where I used to sit when I would watch baseball, football, and basketball games and Miles Davis' great jazz album Bitches Brew. That's how it got culled together. I originally planned on calling it "The View from the Big Chair" that is a nod to Tears For Fear's second album, Songs from the Big Chair. So there.

Sunday, May 19, 2013

The agony of defeat; Toronto Maple Leafs fans video after that Game 7 loss to the Boston Bruins

A sporting event sees a fan run the gamut of emotions from being ecstatic to see knots of worry and concern form on his brow. During a championship game, the broadcasting crew will alternate between shots of the winning and losing team. Sometimes, it's the fans. 

Check this one homemade vid of Toronto Maple Leafs fans watching a heart wrenching Game & loss to the Boston Bruins. I may be a New York Islanders fan (so far removed from the glory years of the 1980s) so I can totally identify with that numbing feeling of a loss. 

To the dude that did this video, thanks for this and good luck to your Maple Leafs next season.

No comments:

Post a Comment