UFL Division One data: the top-rated defense, clean sheets, and what club cuts it close.
We did a table sorting out the goals scored and concede by all the ten clubs. The data is updated all the way to last Saturday, April 27.
What can we infer from the table?
1. The top-rated defense in the league is Global.
2. Save for PAF and PA, the other eight clubs score better in the second half. Pasargad scored better but they also give up more goals.
3. The top four clubs – Stallion, Global, Loyola, and Kaya make the best adjustments after the break. Kaya has been resilient of late in the second half with the matches against Loyola, Global and Green Archers United boosting their stock.
4. Loyola is still the best scoring club. They’ve improved their defense a bit but the question is, will it be enough to conquer Stallion and Global?
5. Green Archers United, PAF, and PA give up a lot of early goals. That not only puts them in an early hole but more often that not, it puts the fight out of them.
Games decided by one goal – 17
Games decided by two goals – 10
Games decided by three goals – 6
Games decided by four goals – 9
Games decided by five goals or more – 5
Draws – 8
Games where one team is held scoreless – 25
Games where both teams are scoreless – 1
Games won in the last 10 minutes – 11
Games drawn in the last 10 minutes – 1
Most clean sheets by one team – 7, Global
Most games by a team unable to score – 6, PAF and Nomads
Most games by a team decided in the last 10 minutes of play – 6, Green Archers United
Kaya vs. GAU, 2-1 loss, 97th minute winner by Janrick Soriano
Pasargad vs. GAU, 2-1 loss, 87th minute winner by Promise Jolomi
Pachanga vs. GAU, 2-0 loss, 92nd minute goal by OJ Clarino
GAU vs. Nomads, 2-1, win 92nd minute goal by Chieffy Caligdong
Stallion vs. GAU, 4-3 loss, 84th minute win by Diego Barrera
Kaya vs. GAU, 3-3 draw, 91st minute goal by Gabe Oloweyeye for the draw
More data on the way............