BLEACHERS BREW EST. MAY 2006

Someone asked me how my blog and newspaper column came to be titled "Bleachers Brew". It's like this, it's an amalgam of sorts of two things: The bleachers area in the stadium/arena where I used to sit when I would watch baseball, football, and basketball games and Miles Davis' great jazz album Bitches Brew. That's how it got culled together. I originally planned on calling it "The View from the Big Chair" that is a nod to Tears For Fear's second album, Songs from the Big Chair. So there.

Tuesday, February 5, 2013

My fave television ads of Super Bowl XLVII


Big NFL fan right here. I have been for so long. Started out as a Chicago Bears fan before rooting for the New York Giants and the Denver Broncos. Come Super Bowl time, I always stayed tuned to watch the commercials. They've become a part of the Super Bowl tradition. This year I decided to post some of my favorites. The screen shot from above is the NFL Evolution: Protect. Love this.


Then there's Budweiser's Brotherhood. Am always a sucker for animal stuff and this one hit home (as I am a pet owner). Plus it makes use of Fleetwood Mac's "Landslide" so it's a winner in my book.


Tide's Miracle Stain commercial is easily my fave of this Super Bowl. Totally hilarious and you never know where it's going. Love the last line of this commercial. Below: Volkswagen's Get Happy was absolutely hilarious. Got Jamaican accent? Will travel. Yeah, mon.


Other fave commercials from this Super Bowl: Mars: Love Ballad, Best Buy, Oreo: Cookies or cream, NFL Network: Leon Sandcastle, Doritos: Goat for sale, Got Milk?, Pistachios: Cracking style, Kia Forte: respect the tech, Axe Apollo, and Sketchers GoRun 2 

1 comment:

  1. Same here, man! Budweiser Clydesdales always get to me. It’s corny and funny to say it, but yeah, the latest Super Bowl commercial has tugged my heartstrings. Their approach is really effective. No wonder they’ve remained consistent with it throughout the years.

    ReplyDelete